Dear Prospective Team Member,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit this site. It’s my hope that you have precisely what we’re looking for in a candidate so my team can take this page down immediately and put you to work in the fun and rewarding position we have available.
Let me begin by sharing a little about our company and the position we currently have available.
My name is Paul Fetters and my company is called The Training Spot, Inc. located in Huntington Beach, CA.
We are a personal training studio that also offers nutrition and boot camp services. We currently have two locations and plan on opening a 3rd this year.
We’ve been around since 2001 and I invite you to learn more about our company by going to our website: www.tspot.org
If you’re selected for this position, you’ll work here every day and our typical office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm (sometimes 6pm). This is a salaried position with a base compensation package ranging from $30,000 – $40,000 with significant growth opportunities for “A Players”.
Are you an “A-Player”?
At the TSpot we’re ONLY looking for “A Players” to join our team.
“A Players” are people who are committed to excellence in all that they do.
They can get a job anywhere, but they take the time to research the companies they’re considering working for, they’re selective in the interviews they go out on, and they “go the extra mile” in searching for the “right” position because they’re looking for more than a job… they’re looking for a long-term career opportunity.
They’re looking to be part of a team where they can make a positive impact on the world through the work they do WHILE being challenged to grow and become a better version of themselves.
If you think you are an “A Player”, then please read on to learn more about the exciting opportunity we have available for the right candidate.
Our hiring process isn’t quick and easy.
We’re going to ask you to jump through a few hoops to prove you’ve got the character as well as demonstrate the values that align with our team and mission.
You’ll be asked to take multiple tests.
You’ll have at least 2-3 interviews.
And we’re going to take our time in making sure you’re someone we want to invest our resources in.
We’re really looking for someone who wants grow with us in the years to come.
A Glimpse of What’s Expected
You will assist in writing integrated marketing campaigns including direct response email, web, print advertising, online advertising, etc. You will also write copy optimizations for search engines. You must be comfortable posting on social media, including: Facebook, Twitter, blogs and video scripts. You are able to amend, revise, or redevelop campaigns based on internal feedback and results. Your grammar, writing, and proof reading skills are top notch, developed through your degree in English, marketing, communications, journalism or advertising. You follow a style guide and can apply different language styles to appeal to various target markets.
You take ownership of tasks and see them through to the finish line. You’re a highly motivated and reliable self-starter who works well independently as well as taking direction from your Manager.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Managing and sending out all broadcast emails, social media and blog posts to contact lists
- Proof reads all marketing copy to maintain consistency with brand voice
- Develops strong relationships with key contributors across departments to gather content for blog and social media use including, but not limited to articles, photos, and happenings throughout the company and its communities
- Assists in developing copy for all marketing materials and advertising campaigns
- Assists in developing relationships with Strategic Alliances
- Assists in developing relationships with different groups within the community: BNI, Chamber of Commerce, etc…
- Assists in creating copy for all digital channels including, but not limited to website, blogs and social media
- Supports marketing initiatives to enhance the company’s brand voice and awareness
- Completes other projects as assigned
Required Skills & Qualifications
These are the skills you must attain in order to qualify for this position:
- Solid Education and Work Experience – BA in English, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related discipline or equivalent, 2+ years experience. We’ve also had great success with employees that might have less formal experience, but can produce excellent work product and are aggressive in their commitment to personal growth and development with our team.
- Experience working on a wide range of creative copy projects including social media, digital promotions, website copy, sales promotion and direct marketing campaigns
- Ability to Prioritize & Organize Your Work – You must be able to think for yourself and be organized. We’re very serious about this one. In order to learn and grow with our team, you must be organized and able to work within deadlines, prioritize your work, and multitask.
We’re looking to hire the right person immediately. So if this sounds like a career opportunity that interests you, follow these instructions now.
NOTE: Failure to follow these instructions will result in your resume going in the circular file. This is your first test, okay?
Fill out the form below to learn more and download a simple info sheet with further actions and instructions for applying:
Again, thanks very much for your interest in our company,
The Training Spot, Inc.
P.S. True “A Players” always have multiple companies that want to hire them. So again, if that’s you then you should be picky about selecting the right company that’s a good fit for you too. I wish you the best in your search and we look forward to hearing from you.